Reclaim the traditional knowledge about the maramataka (Maori Lunar Calendar) and ways in which you can practically apply this knowledge to your everyday life. Use a daily journal that follows a monthly cycle of the maramataka, where you can begin to record
- what the moon phases are good for/ not good for
- what activities you did on these days
- what observations you made
- what your energy levels were
If you know your whānau/hapū/iwi maramataka it maybe more suitable to purchase the WHIRO Journal which does not contain marama names and is able to be customised. The moon cycle in those journals start from Whiro (New Moon), but the rest of the layout is the same.
Please note if you do not know this information - then the TE RĀKAUNUI Journal in different listing is likely more suitable for new learners as it contains the marama (moon) names of Te Whānau ā Apanui, and the moon cycle starts from Te Rakaunui (Full Moon).
- Spaces to track Moon Rise & Set and Tides in colour
- FREE resources with purchase - 2 sticker sheets, plus one poster & Aratohu Guide (see image - excluding pens)
- Soft bound cover
FeaturesThe Journal features are;
- Measurements A5+ (148mm x 210mm)
- Perfect size to carry with you for daily observations.
- 72 pages x 100 gsm
- Lined paged within journal sections
- Sewn together to make it last
- Maramataka Definition & User Guide
- He Tirohanga written by Haami Piripi
- Daily Marama (using Te Whānau ā Apanui maramataka) with phases & name
- Daily Journal page to record observations
- Daily "Ihi" Energy scale & monthly Graph to review your energy levels over the 30 days
- Ōku whakaaro / My Thoughts Page
Buy one - Give one
Hokona tētahi māramataka, ā, mā mātou tētahi e tākoha
For every maramataka journal purchased, we will give the same journal to Ngā Kitenga o te Maramataka to support the work done by Rereata Makiha and Rikki Solomon with rangatahi (youth) and kura kaupapa around the motu (country).
You can check out the amazing work they do in schools teaching rangatahi about the maramataka here.
Additional Information about the Maramataka
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.